Kingdom of Golf

If you love to read about golf, you're home. Play the game with honor & enjoy the Kingdom of Golf.

July 2, 2012

The LPGA's Veronica Felibert Has Arrived

Now, I like watching LPGA tournaments even more than the next guy. A lot of times, I find them more compelling than PGA tour events. So, while I had both the PGA Tour's AT&T event and the LPGA's Walmart NW Arkansas Championship on the old DVR, I watched the LPGA event first and then deleted the AT&T. What real golf fan would watch Tiger Woods win another meaningless tour event if they could watch Veronica Felibert try to win in only her 5th event on tour? It would be silly to deny how striking Felibert looks, or to suggest that I would have watched her as intently had she a more typically LPGA-player appearance.
It took me a while to gather all the info: 
She's from Caracas and she played golf for USC.
Why, I must ask, does USC get all the hot women golfers? 
Something is very wrong over at my alma mater, UCLA. 
To make a long story short, Felibert wasn't quite able to pull it off. But, she didn't fold up like a rusty lawn chair either. Her T4 earned her over $93,000 and got her a lot of TV time. More than anything, Felibert showed that as interesting as good play is to watch (I'm a big Air Miyazato fan) you can't forget about the drawing power of a little style and a dose of glamour. Veronica Felibert has boat loads of both. I hope her play earns her plenty of time in front of the camera over the summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home